This code of conduct applies to all I4G circle online platforms and offline spaces. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned from these spaces at the discretion of I4G HQ.
I4G Circles Channels are safe places for members to Help others, Add value, Connect, and Keep growing (H.A.C.K).
- Do not harass, assault, intimidate or threaten another individual or group
- Don’t be a troll
- Be respectful to others
- Do not share the personal information of others outside of the community
- All contents must be “safe”
- When sharing content or a link, ALWAYS give a context of WHY you’re sharing.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of “dead” or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- A pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
If you are being harassed by a member, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your circle Ambassador, or other
HQ team members directly via DM (Direct Message).
Administrators will respond as soon as they are able. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of I4G circle members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
This policy is intended to protect the community’s image, as well as the image of its members, through restrictions on certain classes of content that may be deemed to be unsuitable in a work or family context.
Classes of content which we deem to be unsuitable include:
- Pornographic or sexually suggestive material, either in graphic or text form.
- Depictions of physical or emotional abuse, either in graphic or text form.
- Persecution of any individual as a result of their race, gender, religion, or other physical traits.
- Material intended to, without basis, harm the reputation of any individual whether a member or not.
- Unsolicited advertising.
- Links, or links to pages, for the purpose of monetization of user views and which provide no value to the I4G Circle members.
- As a quick self-check, ask yourself whether you would like someone’s child to see the content you are posting. If the answer is “no”, then there’s a good chance you shouldn’t be posting it.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all I4G Circle platforms.