Last year, we helped 1000 women build skills in design to challenge the gender gap in the tech space in Sub Saharan Africa where women constitute just 30 per cent of the tech industry’s professionals. We’re not done yet. This year, we’re giving access to another 1000.
This year, we are expanding women’s access to design education and breaking the bias, stereotypes and discrimination as we continue to forge women’s equality in the design world. #BreakTheBias
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be a youth (16-40)
- Must be female/a woman
- Must have financial need
- Must be a little tech-savvy
- Have little or no skill in design
- Proof of African citizenship
- Must have intentions of impacting Africa with this skill
- Must have the resources and time to take the courses
- A history of participation in the local tech ecosystem could be a plus
- Interested in upskilling in design and probably pursuing a career in design
- Must show positive potential for – employability, potential growth rate, impact, etc.
- In good social standing (no racial slurs, sexist slurs, or any negative social activity)
- Other requirements deemed necessary by Ingressive For Good and Geneza.
Number of Scholarships: 1000 slots
Duration of Scholarship: 12-24 weeks
*We receive tens of thousands of applications, but there are only 1000 slots. The quality of your answers make all the difference.