Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance! 2022 has been such an amazing year for us at Ingressive For Good. We made an incredible impact in the lives of our community members and we are excited to share with you!
At the start of the year, we asked our community members about their dreams and hopes for the year. Some said they wanted to learn tech skills, some financial skills as they get empowered and many told us they wanted to connect better with us physically and we set out to make this happen as a team!
Here’s a breakdown of what we achieved:
CAREER GROWTH TRAININGS
- We partnered with 31 organizations to empower our community with skills for career growth. 215.4K young Africans applied for our scholarship programs (115K applications were from women). 53.34% of the applications we received were from women. We gave 161K scholarships (80K more than last year), and 70K scholarships were awarded to women (43.48%). This was 50% more women than we empowered last year!
- We didn’t achieve this alone! With over $308.5K received in direct cash donations and over $3.5M in in-kind donations, we were able to partner with global companies such as MasterClass, Polygon, Team Apt, DataCamp, and recently closed a partnership with Meta towards empowering our community members in 2023.
- Alot of our community members faced challenges taking their courses and we provided almost 20 laptops to beneficiaries who needed them and boys learning how to code in the Chess in Slum community.
- We created resources such as the LinkedIn Checklist ebook with Career Buddy Founder, Abraham, Building A to help our community as they build successful careers
- We explored AR and VR in Rwanda, hosted Hackathons and community challenges, trained our alums and hosted career workshops.
In 2022, we had amazing partners including DataCamp, Mono, TeamApt, Geneza, Zuri Training, HNG Internships, Printivo, Taeillo, CareerBuddy, Jobberman, Tamborin, WiiCreate, Stutern, EntryLevel Programs, Masterclass, Mainstack, Exponential Destiny, Lacasera, OloriSuperGirl, Techpoint Africa, Techuncode, Tech Cabal, Kibo School of Technology, Prembly, SeamFix, Verified Africa, Benjamin Dada Propel, 500 chow, Ventures Africa, Mara, and many other notable partners.
We’re grateful to people of influence who leveraged their platforms to empower our community. People like Bolanle Banwo Osadolo, Tosin Olaseinde, Benjamin Dada, Seyi Onifade, Abraham Iyiola, Salem King, Vanessa June Obasi, Odun Eweniyi, Frank Donga, Alma Asinobi, Edwin Madu, Uwem Uwemakpan, Tobi Ayeni (Miss Techy), Didi Uwem, Shodipo Ayomide, Joshua Koya, Victor Fatanmi, Tamilore Oni, Samuel Otigba, She Leads Africa, Opportunities Desk, Opportunities for Africans, Opportunities Desk, and many others.
We’ve gotten tons of emails from our community members about meeting us in person and we made this happen. The physical events we were able to organize and attend were the highlights of our entire year!
- We hosted our first physical conference – HACKFEST 2022. See the full report here and view pictures here. It was such an insightful, fun and beautiful event! We’re so glad we made it happen.
- We hosted over 50 virtual events and connected with our Abuja community at the I4G Abuja Hangout.
- We hosted an event with policymakers in Nigeria in partnership with Ehingbeti and Technucode. Watch the highlight here and see the pictures here.
Our community grew to 251K African Superstars (151K more than last year) across 200 countries. Our student community grew from 20,000 to 91,220. (36.3% of our total community). Our social media community grew from 19.8K on Twitter to 69.8K, 10.8K on Instagram to 33.5K, 14.7K to 24K on Facebook, 9.1K to 29.1K on LinkedIn, 600K website visits to 1.59M website visits. We also relaunched our YouTube page and gained 6.9K subscribers. We grew organically on all social media platforms by at least 2.5X.
Celebrating the progress of our community members makes us happy and motivated to do more. We recorded amazing success stories the #I4GWinWednesday on social media to celebrate community members weekly! See some pictures below!
We also produced a documentary (Finding Tech: Against all Odds) to share the stories of our beneficiaries and their transformation stories. We will be hosting a Premiere for this documentary in 2023 in partnership with the US Consular General Office in the first half of Q1, after which we will open the film to the public and share the link with you.
We explored AR and VR in Rwanda, hosted Hackathons and community challenges, trained our alums and hosted career workshops.
We received 45 global and local press features. Two Masters Students featured I4G as the core of their thesis. We were nominated for several awards and refreshed our website. You can check it out here
We say a big THANK YOU! To everyone who supported us by sharing our opportunities with more people, donating their money, time and resources to our mission! We couldn’t have done this without you.
Here’s to more in 2023!