In 2015, Ingressive started the Ambassador program called ICA – Ingressive Campus Ambassador. Ingressive Campus Ambassadors were individuals across various institutions all over Africa passionate about building the tech and design communities on their campuses. They worked together to build an active community of tech and design enthusiasts by doing what they can to create a positive experience for all members. This program was executed in partnership with GitHub, Figma, Facebook, Google, and many global tech leaders. These partnerships equipped the ambassadors with tools and encouraged members of their communities to do the same as they built amazing projects leveraging on partner platforms.
On July 1st, 2020 the ICA program was transformed into I4G Circles and launched under the Ingressive For Good umbrella. I4G Circles are communities in cities and campuses all over Africa made up of Young Africans passionate about Tech and leveraging it to solve problems.
These communities are led by I4G ambassadors. I4G Ambassadors are the individuals who lead I4G Circles across various institutions/cities all over Africa passionate about building the tech communities on their campuses and in their cities. They work together to build an active community of tech enthusiasts by doing what they can, to create a positive experience for all members.
Benefits of joining I4G Circle
- At I4G Circles, we are a community made up of Young Africans passionate about Tech and leveraging it to solve problems. I4G Circles are led by I4G Ambassadors. Meet them here.
- We H.A.C.K, literally. We Help others, Add value, Connect, and Keep growing. We share resources, insights, and inspire each other in our Circles group.
With strategic partnerships with Student Build, SemiColon, Tekedia, SkillNav, Dev Careers and more, we have a few programs like:
- StudyGroup: This is a 3 months online training program consisting of 50 beginners following a well-curated learning guide to gain basic competencies in a particular tech career.
- Community Challenge: This is a monthly challenge of coding/design to help new programmers/designers work on solving local challenges within their community. It allows them to share your skills and connect with other coders and designers as you work together to solve a problem. Every month of the year, Members of the I4G circle are assigned a project to work on. There’s a reward for the top 3 teams.
- Mentor A Techie: This provides a platform for professionals in the technology industry to provide professional guidance to college students (members of the I4G Circles) to help them build the skills, knowledge, and support they need to prepare for the world of work. Our mentorship program provides a structured setting to provide one-on-one relationships between professionals and students.
- Community Webinar Series: This is a live chat series where community members hear from industry experts and ask questions about Tech.
To learn more about I4G Circles and how you can participate in the H.A.C.K Community, join here.