According to a 2022 global software developer survey , female developers make up only five percent of all respondents, demonstrating the male-dominating reality of software development jobs. The tech industry has a staggering gender imbalance and a lot of that comes from the software development arm.
Ingressive for Good is partnering with Stutern to close that gap 1000 women at a time by giving them access to software development trainings for FREE.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be a youth (16-40)
- Must be female/a woman
- Must have financial need
- Must be a little tech-savvy
- Have little or no skill in data
- Proof of African citizenship
- Must have intentions of impacting Africa with this skill
- Must have the resources and time to take the courses
- A history of participation in the local tech ecosystem could be a plus
- Interested in upskilling in software development and probably pursuing a career in software development
- Must show positive potential for – employability, potential growth rate, impact, etc.
- In good social standing (no racial slurs, sexist slurs, or any negative social activity)
- Other requirements deemed necessary by Ingressive For Good and Stutern.
Number of Scholarships: 1000 slots
Duration of Scholarship: 6 months
*We receive tens of thousands of applications, but there are only 1000 slots. The quality of your answers makes all the difference.