The African Women in Design Scholarship Program was created to expand access to design education. We #ChooseToChallenge the fact that only 20% of designers in Nigeria are females. This reflects the realities of many African countries and we want to do something about it. This is why we have partnered with Geneza school of design to help 1000 women build skills in design.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be a youth (16-35)
- Must be female/a woman
- Must have financial need
- Must be a little tech-savvy
- Have little or no skill in design
- Proof of Nigerian/African citizenship
- Must have intentions of impacting Africa with this skill
- Must have the resources and time to take the courses
- A history of participation in the local tech ecosystem could be a plus
- Interested in upskilling in design and probably pursuing a career in design
- Must show positive potential for – employability, potential growth rate, impact, etc.
- In good social standing (no racial slurs, sexist slurs, or any negative social activity)
- Other requirements deemed necessary by Ingressive For Good and Geneza.
Number of Scholarships: 1000 slots, divided into 2 cohorts. Cohort 1 will begin April 1, 2021 and Cohort 2 will begin August 1, 2021.
Duration of Scholarship: 12-24 weeks