One of the greatest nightmares of any Software Developer is fixing bugs and this can make even the most experienced developers feel like novices. From looking for the bug to fixing it can be a heartbreaking experience that will make you question your career choice. I’ve been there, it’s crazy.
In this article, I will be sharing with you the two extensions I use frequently to increase my code health and help debug easily.
Why these two? Because they help debug easily and automate unit test creation. I’m very lazy at writing unit tests as they most often slow down my workflow.
Jest Runner: Vscode-jest-runner is focused on running or debugging a specific test or test-suite, while vscode-jest is running your current test-suite every time you change it.
- Instant Feedback: Fast, interactive watch mode only runs test files related to changed files.
- Snapshot Testing: Captures snapshots of large objects to simplify testing and to analyze how they change over time.
Ponicode Unit Tests: Ponicode is an AI-powered extension pack that generates unit tests for you. It also helps you create, visualize and run unit tests for your functions quickly and easily, thanks to ML-generated test scenarios and an intuitive graphical interface.
- Removes repetitive and annoying parts of unit testing: Smart imports and instantiation, full test body generation
- Generate relevant inputs and instantiation with AI-powered technology
- Show you where you should focus your unit testing effort and what should be tested
- Increase code coverage and quality and maintains it over time
- Increase code robustness and early bug detection